Psalm 27:4 KJV
One thing have I desired of the LORD, that will I seek after; that I may dwell in the house of the LORD all the days of my life, to behold the beauty of the LORD, and to enquire in his temple.
Mark 10:21 KJV
Then Jesus beholding him loved him, and said unto him, One thing thou lackest: go thy way, sell whatsoever thou hast, and give to the poor, and thou shalt have treasure in heaven: and come, take up the cross, and follow me.
Luke 10:42 KJV
But one thing is needful: and Mary hath chosen that good part, which shall not be taken away from her.
John 9:25 KJV
He answered and said, Whether he be a sinner or no, I know not: one thing I know, that, whereas I was blind, now I see.
Philippians 3:13-14 KJV
Brethren, I count not myself to have apprehended: but this one thing I do, forgetting those things which are behind, and reaching forth unto those things which are before, I press toward the mark for the prize of the high calling of God in Christ Jesus.
Paul’s 5 Step Strategy for “One Thing—So That”:
1. Self-Aware: “…I count not myself to have apprehended…” (verse 13)
2. Past Aware: “…forgetting those things which are behind…” (verse 13)
3. Future Focus: “…reaching forth unto those things which are before…” (verse 13)
“AND”: “…forgetting those things which are behind, and reaching forth unto those things which are before…” (verse 13)
4. Goal Focus: “…press toward the mark…” (verse 14)
5. Prize Focus: “…the prize of the high calling of God in Christ Jesus.” (verse 14)
ONE THING – SO THAT