Proverbs 29:18 NKJ
Where there is no revelation, the people cast off restraint; but happy is he
who keeps the law.
Proverbs 29:18 KJV
Where there is no vision, the people perish: but he that keepeth the law,
happy is he.
DOMINION – UNITY – SELFLESS
Key Word Today: VISION
Genesis 2:18 NLT
Then the Lord God said, “It is not good for the man to be alone. I will make a
helper who is just right for him.”
Genesis 2:18 NKJ
And the Lord God said, “It is not good that man should be alone; I will make
him a helper comparable to him.”
Vision for Your Family:
- To reflect our relationship with God through our marriage
Some Things God Wants Us to Reflect in Our Marriage:
- I will forgive you when you do something wrong.
- I will be there for you when you’re going through trouble.
- I will listen to you and communicate with you regularly.
- We will have an intimate life together.
- We will live a life of adventure that will require faith.
- I will be honest with you even if it hurts.
- I will never leave you or forsake you.
- To do something together that makes a difference in the world
Romans 8:28 NKJ
And we know that all things work together for good to those who love God, to
those who are the called according to HIS PURPOSE.
- To equip our children to fulfill God’s purpose for their lives
Proverbs 22:6 NKJ
Train up a child in the way he should go, and when he is old he will not
depart from it.
Proverbs 29:15 NKJ
The rod and rebuke give wisdom, but a child left to himself brings shame to
Psalm 127:3-4 NKJ
Behold, children are a heritage from the Lord, the fruit of the womb is a
reward. Like arrows in the hand of a warrior, so are the children of one’s
Questions We Wrote Down in Our Vision for Our Child:
- What are the character traits I envision my child having?
- What level of wisdom do I want them to have before they leave home?
- What kind of worldview do I want them to have?
- How will they think about and handle money and possessions?
- What kind of person am I preparing them to marry?
- Am I modeling a purposeful life for them to follow?