Proverbs 29:18 KJV
Where there is no vision, the people perish.
“Visions are born in the soul of a person who is consumed with the
tension between what is and what could be.” — Andy Stanley
4 Things That Burden Me:
- Breakdown of the family
- Breakdown of the community
- Breakdown of race relations
- Breakdown of the nations
Acts 1:8 NIV
“But you will receive power when the Holy Spirit comes on you; and you will be my witnesses in Jerusalem, and in all Judea and Samaria, and to the ends of the earth.”
• JERUSALEM: Our families — “Building Strong Families”
• JUDEA: Our communities — “Transforming Communities”
• SAMARIA: Our cultures — “Reconciling Cultures”
• ENDS OF THE EARTH: Our world — “Impacting Nations” /
“Great occasions do not make heroes or cowards; they simply unveil them to the eyes of men. Silently and imperceptibly, as we wake or sleep, we grow strong or weak; and last some crisis shows us what we have become.” — B.F. Westcott
Two Types of People in Church:
- Moses generation people
- Joshua generation people
3 Reasons Moses Generation Failed:
- They believed the CIRCUMSTANCES more than they believed
- They held onto the mentality of a VICTIM instead of adopting the
mentality of a VICTOR.
- They lived trying to SURVIVE instead of trying to fulfill PURPOSE.
Common Characteristic of Joshua Generation: COURAGE!
Joshua 1:6-9 NLT
“Be strong and courageous, for you are the one who lead these people to possess all the land I swore to their ancestors I would give them. Be STRONG and VERY COURAGEOUS. Be careful to obey all the instructions Moses gave you. Do not deviate from them, turning either to the right or to the left. Then you will be successful in everything you do. Study this Book of Instruction continually. Meditate on it day and night so you will be sure to obey everything written in it.
Only then will you prosper and succeed in all you do. This is my command—BE STRONG AND COURAGEOUS! Do not be afraid or discouraged. For the Lord your God is WITH YOU WHEREVER YOU GO.”
Courage Requires 3 Things:
- Courage requires us to hold fast to our CONVICTIONS.
“The life of a person will always rise and fall to the level of their
- Courage requires us to face our CURRENT REALITY.
- Courage requires us to ACT in spite of our FEARS.