- World’s Economy
- God’s Economy
Luke 16:10-13 NLT
“If you are faithful in little things, you will be faithful in large ones. But
if you are dishonest in little things, you won’t be honest with greater
responsibilities. And if you are untrustworthy about worldly wealth,
who will trust you with the true riches of heaven? And if you are not
faithful with other people’s things, why should you be trusted with
things of your own? No one can serve two masters. For you will hate
one and love the other; you will be devoted to one and despise the
other. You cannot serve God and be enslaved to money.”
3 Important Things to Settle:
- God is the owner; I am the manager.
3 Levels of Control:
- Top Level: God is in control of all possessions.
- Middle Level: You’re in control of possessions.
- Bottom Level: Possessions are in control of you.
Luke 16:13 NLT
“No one can serve two masters. For you will hate one and love the
other; you will be devoted to one and despise the other. You cannot
serve God and be enslaved to money.”
- God’s economy operates on trust.
• You learning to TRUST GOD
• God learning to TRUST YOU
Luke 16:11-12 NLT
“And if you are untrustworthy about worldly wealth, who will trust you
with the true riches of heaven? And if you are not faithful with other
people’s things, why should you be trusted with things of your own?
- God’s blessings are connected to our faithfulness.
3 Areas of Faithfulness That Affect Finances:
- Faithfulness in our work
Colossians 3:23-24 NCV
In all the WORK you are doing, work the best you can. WORK as if
you were doing it for the Lord, not for people. Remember that you will
receive your reward from the Lord, which he promised to his people.
You are serving the Lord Christ.
Proverbs 12:24 NLT
Work hard and become a leader; be lazy and become a slave.
Questions to Answer:
• When I work, do I work as unto the Lord or unto men?
• When I work, am I faithful to be on time and work with
• When I work, am I always trying to improve myself?
- Faithfulness in our use of time
Ephesians 5:15-16 NKJ
See then that you walk circumspectly, not as fools but as wise,
redeeming the TIME, because the days are evil.
Average Time People Spend in a Lifetime:
• 70% of our waking lives in front of digital media
• 25 years sleeping
• 10.3 years working
• 4.3 years driving a car
• 5 years waiting in line
• 4 years eating
• 2 years watching commercials
• 2.5 years cooking
• Women spend 17 years of life trying to lose weight
• Women spend 1.5 years of life deciding what to wear
• Women spend 8 years of life shopping
• Women spend 1.5 years of life doing their hair
• Men spend 1 year of life looking at women
“He who lets time rule will live the life of a slave.” — John Arthorne
“Until you value yourself, you won’t value time. Until you value your
time, you will not do anything with it.” — M. Scott Peck
“The secret of your future is hidden in your daily routine.” — John
3 Primary Things We Do with Time:
- Waste time
- Spend time
- Invest time
Matthew 6:33 NCV
“Seek first God’s kingdom and what God wants. Then all your other
needs will be met as well.”
3. Faithfulness in our use of money
4 Things We Do with Money:
- Spend it
- Save it
- Invest it
- Give it
Order of Faithfulness with God:
- Faithfulness in the tithe
- Faithfulness in giving above the tithe under God’s direction
- Faithfulness in spending
- Faithfulness in saving
- Faithfulness in investing
Luke 16:11 NIV
“So if you have not been trustworthy in handling worldly wealth, who
will trust you with true riches?”