Acts 1:8 NKJ
“But you shall receive power when the Holy Spirit has come upon you; and
you shall be witnesses to Me in Jerusalem, and in all Judea and Samaria,
and to the end of the earth.”
Witness: Evidence. Proof. One who can give a firsthand account of
something seen, heard or experienced.
Four Reasons Why We Don’t Witness:
- We feel unqualified.
- We fear rejection.
Luke 10:16 NKJ
“He who hears you hears Me, he who rejects you rejects Me, and he who
rejects Me rejects Him who sent Me.”
- We fear compromise.
- We are ashamed of our past.
2 Corinthians 5:17 NKJ
Therefore, if anyone is in Christ, he is a new creation; old things have
passed away; behold, all things have become new.
Six Ways to Prepare to be a Witness for Christ:
- Study to show yourself approved.
2 Timothy 2:15 NIV
Do your best to present yourself to God as one approved, a worker who
does not need to be ashamed and who correctly handles the word of truth.
- Ask the right questions.
- Be humble.
- Don’t force Jesus on anyone.
Acts 4:20 NIV
“…we cannot help speaking about what we have seen and heard.”
Acts 22:15 NIV
“’You will be his witness to all people of what you have seen and heard.’”
- Trust God at all times.
John 4:13-14 NKJ
Jesus answered and said to her, “Whoever drinks of this water will thirst
again, but whoever drinks of the water that I shall give him will never thirst.
But the water that I shall give him will become in him a fountain of water
springing up into everlasting life.”
John 4:39 NKJ
And many of the Samaritans of that city believed in Him because of the word
of the woman who testified, “He told me all that I ever did.”
Leading someone to church requires them to come; leading someone to
Jesus requires us to go.
• We lead people to Christ. Jesus does the saving.
• We are the instrument. The Spirit of God draws people to Him.
• We need to let the light of Christ shine in our lives.
• Pray for those who God puts in our lives.
How to Offer/ Receive Christ:
- Admit your need (I am a sinner).
Romans 5:8 NKJ
But God demonstrates His own love toward us, in that while we were still
sinners, Christ died for us.
- Be willing to turn from your sins (repent).
- Believe that Jesus Christ died for you on the Cross and rose from the
- Through prayer, invite Jesus Christ to come in and control your life
through the Holy Spirit (receive Him as Lord and Savior).